Hangar 9 Jackal 50 ARF

I know that being totally new to this hobby that this would not be the choice of model to purchase. Having said that I don't see the harm In having a model to look forward to In the future when I am able to cope with such a model.

So does anybody have one of these ? Or have a opinion on this model ? 

Seems like a pretty good model to strive towards I know Its Jet like but looks like fun to fly.

Was just wondering what the more experienced people on here thought about the model. Would It be difficult to fly and handle E.T.C. ?

There are two links one of the model specs and another of a small video 

Video.....

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 24/11/2010 18:44:46

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 24/11/2010 18:46:00

Advert

Looks  a great model - but not for a beginner, by all means strive towards it, but get yourself some airtime on other things first Tom. This model will get small quickly ( harder to see )  needs flying fast pretty much all the time, and has no self stabilizing due to a thin and flat wing.
I'm pretty sure that's your intention, and that you realize you must walk and then speed walk, before you actually run

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Well, flew my Jackal on Friday morning, and all I can say is it is awesome.
It is faster then my Jet plane.
Fitted with the Jett 56 engine and 10x6 prop for running in, started the engine and when the throttle was advanced beyond half the noise nearly made my eardrums bleed.
I had forgotten what a tuned pipe (muffler) engine sounded like. 18200 RPM and not run in yet.
This is not one for noise sensative flying sites, it just howls. 2 engine runs and 2 glow plugs, think I need to richen the engine a bit, though the needle valve has a very wide band, and half turn does nothing, so a little playing around is in order.
Plane flew beautifully but disapears very quickly and is difficult to see head on as it is so thin, and it was a little hazy out. needs very little control movement as it is very precise when an input is made, and it stays where you put it.
Flew with fixed gear as my retracts have not arrived yet.
Think I am going to have fun with this one

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 13/02/2011 07:09:31