Southern Model Airshow

Advert

Having just spent the whole weekend there from Thursday night till 7 on Sunday, I must say that it has been the bestest show of the season for me. The Croydon club has got it right and as this was the fifth show at Hop Farm it has to be well established now.130 Transmitters booked in on Saturday meant 130 models flying from 9:30 to about 5:30 and I loved them all! What a treat to see all manner of planes, scale, 3D, Jets and some novelty, as well as the few Heli slots. Well done Croydon Club, I  will hopefully be there next year to meet you all again and to see all those wonderfull pilots, young and old alike, just enjoying our hobby.

I will be looking forward to the photo's on the web site soon.

Cheers all.

I spent Saturday one the flightline snapping away. A good show and an incredible amount of hard work for the club too. A nice venue and some good flying although nothing that hasn't appeared at other shows this year. It was very very busy and I guess that's because it's the only show in the south east now Sandown has finished. There are a lot of folks who don't like to drive around the M25 so they pack into the Hop Farm. The traders seemed very busy. 

I'll get some photos up today or tomorrow. If anyone has a photo they'd like me to put up with my report then send 'em in and I'll see what I can do. 

David.  

Not sure where 'the next sandown' came from as that was never our intention, just a show to promote the sport.

It's developed to much more than that and we hope offers a good family experience with the Hop Farm plus the diversion of the RC boats and cars along with the classic & kit cars too.

Being the end of the season it's very unlikely to see anything new but some excellent flying from the guys from Redruth, TJD Models, Al's and many others

Keep your eye on www.southernmodelairshow.com for updates, pics and video over the next few weeks.

Also, we've just added an official 2007 gallery (but it's empty as I'm still sorting pics) to the website. 

That's no use I heard you cry, but we've opened up the site to allow anyone who wishes to register the ability to create their own gallery too.

I've already seen lots of great shots from the show being posted all around, it would be great to have them all in one place.  Call by SMAS 2007 Galleries and let us know what you think.

Darren