HET ME163 Komet

scott cuppello

Sorry about the lousy photo's, camera phone and it was a very bright day...ok...enough excuses.

This is good a place as any I suppose for this, don't know if anybody else has one but this is the HET ME163, link here;

Considerably less money than the one being campaigned by Overlander, but nearly as fast I would guess!

I used a 2W-20 motor, 4.75x4.75 prop, 60A ESC, and 2650mAh 4s 30c packs, result is 2.5lbs AUW and 800w.....it's totally bonkers and the most fun I have had in ages, I can thoroughly reccomend it, cheap, simple to build and flies superbly.

Just bear in mind that the set up I used is not actually reccomended [but Iv'e used it loads] and works great provided plenty of cooling air is available + a 28mm heatsink, and you keep the full throttle abuse to sensible levels.....not difficult it's that quick, vertical performance is very wow, I often hear the "unlimited vertical" remark and rarely actually see it in reality...this thing just goes, and goes, and goes....and doesn't seem to slow down in the process!

Edited By Scott Cuppello on 11/01/2011 18:00:52

Edited By Scott Cuppello on 11/01/2011 18:01:37

Advert

Nice one Scott!   the photos dont show it Justice!  800 watts at that weight it must shift! 

Watched a program on the history channel on this plane - fascinating!   In its short flight history at the end of WWII it actually killed more of its pilots and ground crew trying to get it airborne than any of its allied  targets!