Gun Cam Location

I am about to fit my nice new Gum Cam on my Stik. I have seen videos which are shot through the prop arc of 'lecy' models and am aware of the interference. Do you get this with an i.c engine, or would I be better off mounting it to one side of the motor, say under one of the wings? In which case would the weight of the camera affect the balance of the model in flight.
I really want to point the camera facing forward and slightly down.
Thanks guys
B.P

hello phil--i had a few go's with my flycam one only on electric model's.....i find it best under one wing pointing straight out...or back over.....forwards is a bit crepe through the prop.....spoil's the vid........the weight on one wing need's a little touch of trim change as well.....

ken spielburg/not ne...1.

I've tried cams on ic models. The prop arc - as Tim says - is still there because its a "strobing" effect caused by the relationship between the cameras scan speed and the prop speed. If fact I found it is more disturbing on ic because engines do not seem to run at as constant a speed as electric motors so the pattern moves and changes more rapidly than tends to be the case with electric.

BEB