Today had it ups!

Advert

Yep. Vladimir Gavrilko (Vladimirs Models) Hyper Ava F5j Pro - to give it its full title.
Kontronic 500 - 30 with 6.7:1 box on a 18x10@ 6100rpm. 940 Watts at 62Amps on a Hyperion 4s 3300mAh Lipo.
Model spans 4m and weighs just 4lbs!
As you can see, on 235 W/lb it goes up just fine!

Had a 30+ minute flight off a 5 second climb today. That puts it around towline height (circa 200m). Could have stayed up for ages - but we were busy photographing kit reviews for some southern modelling rag!

Still setting it up.

Andy

The Hyper Ava has allegedly a measured sink rate of 60ft / minute in dead air and I can easily believe it, but I was going upwards for a lot of my flight. Only really landing so I could get on with something else!
I must admit that the 3300mAh battery pack is looking like overkill right now but give me a thermally day, a little inclination, some friendly timekeepers and no kids in tow and I'll have a crack at my own British Record for electric assisted glider duration.

Andy

Oh I fly leccy's on the Orme - but not when its possible to slope soar. And then only really for height gain before gliding.
You know you're in trouble when you cant keep your DLG up!

What I do object to is funjets and hotliners mixing it with moulded models when there is adequate wind for soaring.

I'm suprised at how many 'clubs' seem to be relaxing their electric bans.
Still no powered flight at all allowed on NT land though.

Andy