HAL 2100

Ian Whittaker

Advert

hello ian...i'll be first to reply to you....the original hal's when they came out were given the red carpet treatment as the be all and end all for getting a newcomer into the air with a bit of electronic help...they were designed to right the model fory you if you got in trouble and they did...i watched our local model shop owner demonstrate a hand's off landing(he throttled back)and lined the model up for the runway...put the tx down on the ground and sure enough it landed itself with No damage.........

but and a Big But...a few week's later i and other witnessed the same model flying off into the distance never to be found...perfectly straight and level.....and this was happening all over the country..and the importer's were getting a lug bashing...and there was an add on or was it a Mk 2 version of the device....and like a lot of thing's......after the initial fanfare and then the adverse publicity it died the death.....to occasionally re- appear again.....like your's......never seen one in a heli only fixed wing......they worked off been able to read the difference between the ground and the sky i believe......

ken anderson ne...1 historical dept/north...

• 1 year later...

I have used the HAL2100 on my Hirobo Shuttle XXL hgelicopter and are now (march 2003) installing it also in my new raptor. It works perfectly and is certainly a greta help for beginner to learn heli flying. Every bit of electronic help is welcome than. With the sensitivity cvhannel 5, I can vary sensitivity and swithc it off. The only special problem is that when you fly WITH the HAL 2100, when making acurve you have to keep holding the stick to the desired direction, because HAL tries to level out. The behaviour WITHOUT the HAL is like normal flying. I can recommend using the HAL, never had any problems.

In tyhe Raptor photo the HAL is not yet installed.

I used a Esky Heading liock gyro, bur this did NOT work OK in combination with my Futaba RX-gear.