What covering?

Geoff Smith 1

Advert

Posted by tom wright 2 on 09/02/2011 22:34:04:
Geoff My pms are all showing sent but unread.

Bit of a problem I think Tom. Got the last one and information winging it's way to you as we speak. Cheers my friend.

Geoff

Posted by Tim Mackey - Administrator on 10/02/2011 10:31:06:
Geoff, you actually have 4 unread PMs sitting in your mailbox mate .
I have adjusted your preferences so that you will be notified by email when a message arrives. If that doesnt suit you, let me know

Hiya Tim, gotta be a problem mate. I have opened and read every pm but have only got Tom's profile. I did get one where Tom asked for my address. I've sent that back to him and I hope he has got that. Cheers.

PS forget this Tim, I've been pressing the wrong button. Doh!
Geoff

Edited By Geoff Smith 1 on 10/02/2011 13:22:34

Perhaps Malcolm could be a bit more specific about the paper he used and whether he pasted the paper or the balsa. Was it fully sheeted or open framework? And exactly how the Polycell was used to shrink the paper....thinned down perhaps?

I used Polycell with tissue on a veneered foam wing about 20 years ago and it's still stuck down, I pasted the veneer not the tissue. When dry a coat of dope and eventually painted with Japlac.

• 1 month later...
Been looking around for covering for my winter build & reading forums started to settle on HK film at $8.25US + post $22.00US for 5 metres shipped to NZ. Wondered about the quality when I found this thread with Russ's reference to Giantcod turns out its the same stuff!! Product codes & pictures are the same. Check it out! So am off to HK.
This all begs the question how many manufactures of covering are there? Also does anyone know how well it takes paint, do you have to use something like prymol or light sanding to get Humbrol to stick?