Wot 4 E mk2 vs standard wot 4

Has anyone got experience of these two artf's flying side by side? I can't decide whether to go for a full-sized conversion or stick with the 90% sized E version.
Any comments would be most appreciated.
Cheers

Advert

Hi Pete,
I've no experience of either of the two Wottie ARTFs,
but I do have a Classic kit-built job which has had the decent
thing done to it & has been converted to Epower.
The setup is in the Electric flight database on here - it flies very well
on 135W / lb or so.
Just finished a MK3 with 1kW of power, but is awaiting good
weather for a maiden.

Here's a link to a thread from a while ago on a good Wot 4 ARTF
E-conversion:

Hope this of some use.
Cheers

I had a Wot 4 MK II and Mk III with Irvine 53 (sorry IC not E) a while back and I've flown a club mates Wot4 Foamie Mk2 recently.

Both fly nicely Traditional Wo4 on electric would require larger motor and packs

The really personal subjective answer...
I personally would like a bit more power on the Wot4 foamie, but there's nothing wrong with the standard set.

It also depends on what sort of conditions you want to fly in.
I suspect that the traditional kit converted might have a wider window of conditions as it'd probably be heavier, but it really depends on what you're after and when / how you fly.

I'd also have to think real hard about the additional cost of going with the traditional kit converted to electric, as it would require larger motor, battery packs, etc.... as the Wot4 Foamie can fly nicely on 3s and give reasonable flight times.

As I said, really depends on what you want from the model and your flying style....

Just my two pennies worth.

"Opinions are like mouths..... everyone's got one" ( the polite, forum safe version of this statement).

I too have had a classic WOT 4 and flown a FoamE. I'd agree with Simon's assessment. To me the FoamE felt like I was looking for a bit more umph! My WOTTY had an Irvine 53 which is in my opinion the perfect combination - and gave lots of power to the model, so I was probably expecting the FoamE to be like that - and it wasn't . It has "enough" power, but certainly not an excess by any means.

If you converted a kit I think you'd have the opportunity to "up the ante" a little if that was your taste and build something with the sort of power in reserve that can put a big grin on your face

BEB

Right, that's it then! Full sized Wotty it is with a thumping great outrunner in the front! Lol
Seriously though chaps, many thanks for your comments.
I'd had in mind a 700+ watt motor with a 4 cell 4500 mah LiPo, sounds like it might be just about enough.
I'll post the results here.
Cheers, Pete

Nobody else notice that Simon and BEB were not talking about the model that Pete was asking about ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Pete's talking about this designed-for-electric version -

Looks like it's a bit of a porker to me but I'd still go with the motor that they suggest - the 2814-8T, which I've used many times. That should give about 300W on an APC 10x7E so it should fly ok.

With respect the Mk2 -E and MK2 Foam-E are almost exactly the same span, so sort of understandable about the "assumption".... though you are right I'd also not spotted that.
I too have not flown the Mk2 -E.

But we all know what happens when we ass-u-me!

If you went for Wot 4 conversion - here's an article which might be interesting (though you've probably seen it already)...Link

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all of your input chaps. I've just flown my new Wot4 and am mightily impressed!
I finally went for an Emax 2826 06 with a 12x8 apc e, 4s 4500 mah Loong Max lipo with a 60 amp Hobbywing esc.
Figures are 863 Watts at 54 amps, giving around 155 w/lb - Hovers quite well!
I'll try to upload some pics for anyone interested.
Cheers, Pete