MiniMag motor mount repair?

Hi all,

Well unfortunately I've had the first crash of my short R/C flying career so far!  I flew my MiniMag in too strong a wind and lost control.  The resulting meeting of model and earth resulted in the plastic motor mount breaking.  The problem is that the plastic mount is cyano'd into the foam fuselage, so I doubt I'm going to be able to successfully remove the remaining part of the mount.

Anyone any idea how to effect a repair?  I'm using the Multiplex BL-X 22-18 brushless motor.  There's no other damage to the model so I'd like to get it in the air again if possible.

Any advice very welcome!

Cheers,

Tim.

Advert

Hmm, a bit of surgery called for Tim. Looks like you may have to cut the mount away and then re-build/repair whatever damage is there. Perhaps employing a ply bulkhead/firewall  to give you a fresh base from which to fix a new motor mount?

I'm saying all this without seeing the model of course. West London Models are a good source of Multiplex spares by the way.

Thanks for the comments David and for the images Timbo.  That's exactly the sort of idea I was coming up with Timbo.  As it happens, I've found a dealer who stocks spares for Multiplex models (Punctilio in Hinckley) and a replacement motor mount is only £4.  The old one came out easier than I thought once some cyano de-bonder was wicked into the joint.  So, hopefully, the MiniMag will be in the air again soon!

I managed to get a few flights of the Seagull Extra EP in this evening (with my instructor and the buddy-box!) before the rain started.  Now that's a very nice aeroplane!

Cheers,

Tim.