2nd Model

Tom Foreman

Hi, I've been flying a Multiplex Easy Glider for the last three weeks after returning to the hobby after an 18 year lay off. I can now fly her reasonably well, loops, rolls, inverted, low level passes. I now yearn for somthing a little faster and was thinking of either another glider, the Cularis or try somthing completely different like the Gemini biplane.

Any thoughts on either of these models as a 2nd model or any other suggestions out there.

Cheers, Tom Foreman

Welcome back Tom, well done too, that's good going after an 18 year gap. Model wise, I suspect either would be fine as you as you fly carefully at first.

We've been flying the Gemini this last month (review in next issue) and it's a great little bipe' no doubt about it. It's pretty potent with the suggested set-up but with low-rates and careful throttle it should be fine. The Cularis is also in production but I've not seen it fly yet.

David.  

Thanks Aslan will add it to the list.

Managed to get another flight in tonight after work, perfect still conditions for the Easy Glider managed to find a little lift and then did some low level acrobatics to amuse myself. As usual the battery was still going after 30 mins of on/ off throttle but had to land as it was going dark. That's on a 400 brushed motor and a 2s 2200mAh LiPo. Maybe I should get a brushless motor to speed things up while I deliberate over the next model? Having a flying field 10 mins from my house is sure helping to get the practise in as well

Cheers

Tom