Quadcopter

paul@scc

Hi Mike,

Received same board as yours today. Looks like it does indeed come ready for a quad. I googled `connecting KK board` and looked at `KK controller board for quad flyers` and although a bit Chinglese gives you the gist of it. I assume that all esc power connectors are commoned to the flight battery and that the board is powered via the servo outputs but have not had time (or courage) to connect it as yet.

Martin

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, well, my KK board came set up for a quad OK but on first tests in a warehouse a couple of motors died occasionally. This turned out to be the unused and untapped front mounts touching the motor windings, eventually destroying one of them. Having a ding dong with HobbyKing at the moment to get them replaced (Donkey motors, real donkeys). Will order rather better ones when they are back in stock so in the meantime must just wait . I hear that the gyros on the KK are not good enough to auto stabilize. What do you reckon?

smiley

Hi Martin

Shame about your motors,when you have the new ones fitted power up your Quadcopter and speed up but not to lift off or fly then hold it above your head and rock it about you will feel it stabilize, also you should have the pots set to 3/4 and then try lift off, you then adjust to suit you.

Happy flying

Mike