Orange RX

Glenn Philbrick

I have been using these little receivers for some time now, initially in electric but now into larger IC models. I have just found that you can purchase the extra aerial/satelite rx quite cheaply, although they are almost twice the price of the initial rx. The question is are they worth it, what should I expect to see when using the satelite as well given that when range checked without there is more than enough range?

Glenn

Advert

I have one of these rx as well and bought it to try as a cheap alternative to the Spektrum AR6110E for indoor and parkfly models. I've flown it with no problems but not at a great range. I noticed that it has a small socket on the side, guessed that its for a satellite receiver. I didn't know that Orange make them, never seen them advertised and thought I'd have to use a Spektrum satellite receiver. For bigger planes I'll use my AR500s or AR7000 which does have a satellite receiver.

I think you'll find that the satellite doesn't give you any more range but the second aerial does give more diversity and reassurance about signal loss. I've used the Orange both with and without and have had no problems well beyond 'parkfly' range.

I may have read somewhere that it was suggested the Spekky satellite may not work with the Orange Rx but I'm not sure. RCG has many pages on the Orange Rx's.

I'm also using the earlier 'black' DSM2 Compatible Rx in an ST Models Fox. At great distance I've found the Rx lights flashing on return, indicating signal loss, but it seems to regain the signal 'cos it's come back every time! I shall be replacing the Rx with an Orange and see what happens.

There is a thread here which discussed this very subject. A forum search on 'Orange' will bring up a few more.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

A point of interest about the Spectrum 7000 RX i lost a large model last June we searched high and low without any sign of it .Nine months later a woman drove up the field and asked if we had lost a yellow plane, it was mine, i got it back and stripped it down soaking wet it weighed about 3lbs heavier,i took out the RC gear and dried it off i shone a bright through the rx case there was no sign of moisture in there so i set it up bound it in the lights came on plugged the servosin and it all worked perfectly. The servos were tower pro 966 digi and they were bone dry, but the ESC had,had it along with the LIPO the motor was damaged and had to be replaced but it can be repaired.But the big saving was RX7000 and servos it says allot for the RX that it can be outside all summer and a bad winter and still work.

Bendum