ROLLS ROYCE ANSTY MODEL FLYING CLUB?

Hello all,

I am looking to join a club and currently live in coventry, is there anybody here that is a member of the ROLLS ROYCE ANSTY MODEL FLYING CLUB?
I am just after a bit of information about the club and as i am a novice flyer what to expect.

Thanks in advance

Cheers chris

Advert

Hi Steve,

I guess your from coventry. I am from Holbrooks side of town. I think the one i am talking about is next to the Sparrowhall (old ansty arms) on the way to coombe abey.

What are the other two clubs you know of. I am fairly new to model flying and so have only been messing around in the odd random uninhabited field before. Its about time i joined a club and learnt to fly properly.

cheers chris.

Posted by chris henton on 02/04/2011 13:19:01:
Hi Steve,

I guess your from coventry. I am from Holbrooks side of town. I think the one i am talking about is next to the Sparrowhall (old ansty arms) on the way to coombe abey.

What are the other two clubs you know of. I am fairly new to model flying and so have only been messing around in the odd random uninhabited field before. Its about time i joined a club and learnt to fly properly.

cheers chris.

Hi Chris,

There is Heart of England near Meriden, and Cadmac near Wolston.

I was a member of Heart of England, but I got very little flying time as they only start flying at 11. Cadmac is anytime for electric!

Heart of England is probably easier to get to (straight out Broad Lane, for you, turn left at Earlsdon common and keep going ,, Cadmac you have to go past the airport on the A45, which can get very busy. Both would probably take about 20 on a clear run.

I have found it quite difficult to find a suitable field nearby, most of them are too near roads !

Hi Steve

Thanks for the info. I will have a look into these clubs.
I see what your saying about the heart of england club. Its a bit of a poor show if you cant fly electric until 11 as thats a whole lot of waiting around in the morning. I will have a look around and see what i can find nuneaton and bedworth way as it my be worth the extra travel time.

And yes it is a nightmare trying to find a big enough field away from the road. I have spent many hours driving through Corley and Filongley with my Cub in the boot of the car looking for somewhere to have a cheeky fly.

Cheers Chris

Chris
I am led to believe that RR club has almost finished due to building in the area.

Nuneaton has a club as does Bedworth. Bedworth has noise restrictions and can only fly electric on Sunday . I am a member of the nuneaton club. You can find the club website by typing Nuneaton aeromodeller Club into google. Contact the secretary and pop along to the club house this coming Wednesday for a meet and greet etc. The club has ample area to fly although we do not fly jets. heli is permitted though we don't have a designated trainer. Friendly club and they don't bite...it's only props that do that!!!

Good luck
Gaz