Ressurecting a raptor 30

whacky

Advert

hi Steve.
firstly i would change all the fuel tubing(dont forget the clunk line inside the tank)
Next i would pop off all the links one by one and try and ensure as best you can that non have become brittle.Probably fit a fresh rx battery. Ensure all the servo's are good and the gyro is working.(give the tail a swing and watch the tail yoke).Make sure the main blades are still good (if they are the TT woodies the can warp when stood for long periods)
Before attempting to start the engine you may want to drop off the back plate and have a look at the rear bearing,check its not rusty.check the plug works .fresh fuel and good luck. Enjoy it its a great little helicopter to learn on

Hi whacky, still flying my original v1 raptor, chances are that minimal work is required.
If its rusty, change it. Replace the battery (bit obvious) and a good dose of WD40 to the bearings (avoid getting anything on the clutch lining) check the linkages over and a good clean should see her as good as new. Not heard of any issues regarding the belt but worth checking the tension. The motor may well need freeing up, take out the plug and flush through with fuel till she loosens up, worth replacing the plug with new item if it looks a bit oiled up, also worth flushing the fuel tank and change the filter if fitted.
Worth checking that the blades have not warped in storage, have heard of this with wooden blades in the past when strapped down to tightly for too long,no fix here, bin and replace. Finally worth checking pitch settings and general set up as storage can do strange things again if a link has been under load.

hope that helps,

Linds

there is an electric version Whacky (TT550e) but if there is a conversion kit i dont know sorry.

quick edit sorry tt raptor E550 

Edited By boggy on 05/04/2011 20:06:08