Binding Problem

David Jones 13

Hi,

I have a binding problem with my Futaba 6EX and Futaba wireless trainer system. In receiving flying instruction the instructors FASST trainer system (wireless) would not bind and he said that he never experienced that before in training set set up.

I did have a problem with my transmitter when it was in storage i.e. the switches lost their crhome finish a little but the transmitter itself has not given any problems in flying etc etc. can anyone help please.

Many thanks

David

Advert

I'm assuming a lot here so could be totally wrong.

Does the instructors Tx bind with the model, therefore in master control of it? Then maybe the wireless trainer system plugs into the buddy socket of the instructors Tx? Finaly does your Tx have to bind with the wireless trainer system?

If the above is the case, then which is it that isn't binding?

There's a review here. Looks like it will feed an instructors Tx on 2.4 or 35Mhz. but the pupil's Tx has to be on 2.4Ghz. Curiously it suggests that to bind the training box, it should be plugged into the pupil's Tx and bound to that, then in use it is plugged into the instructors Tx.
I wonder if this is to ensure that only one Tx is on during he binding?

Edited By Chris Bott on 09/04/2011 23:10:14

According to something or other I read it is to make sure as few txs are on as possible for binding.

David, does the "rx" bit have any power indicator LEDs? And if so do they come on when you slick them into the 6ex to bind it?

When a new member came to our field with a 6EX 2.4 it was found that the instructors very expensive Futaba 2.4 heli TX would not bind to it.........they read the instructions for the expensive Tx and found something needed changing in the menu of the expensive Tx ( sorry i dont know what or the Tx number ) However my 35Mhz 6EX worked with the 6EX 2.4 and a buddy lead without any adjustments. ( any Futaba Tx with the rectangular socket for buddy lead will work with the 6EX 2.4 as a buddy system. see the Futaba website )

Further checking suggests that the expensive Tx I referred to was probably a 12FG and that it needed switching from High Speed mode to Normal mode to work with the 6EX as a buddy. ( sorry to be vague but even this slight info might give you a clue )