MVVS 26 cooling

Graham Crossley

I have fitted a MVVS 26 petrol engine (side mounted) to a Chris Foss Xtra Wot but have not yet run it as I keep seeing on different forums that cooling is crucial. I have provided as large an air inlet as posible directly in line with the cylinder head/ carb and opened up the side of the cowl to the same diameter as the head. There is also an air outlet to the rear of the cowl in line with the head. The engine data sheet states that the air outlet should be twice the size as the inlet for adequate cooling but I don't know if this has to be directly in line with the head and if so I can't see how this is possible.

Has anybody any experience of these engines in a cowled installation and the cooling of?

Many thanks

Graham Crossley

Advert

Hi Graham, The reason that the outlet should be twice the area of the intake, is that the cooling air will expand due to the heat of your petrol engine. It really is amazing how you can find outlets, or enlarge existing ones. Also, it might help to form light metal to direct the airflow directly around the engine

ernie