Over yonder hill....

Advert

It's also an obsession.
Like Simon, slope soaring was my first foray into R/C after many years of control line flying.
A couple of years or so ago I returned to the slopes and I really wish I'd never left them. Scratching around for lift can be very rewarding - especially when you find some. I often fly when the wind is so strong that I can remember having 40 powered planes struggling to make headway against similar wind yet have no problems with a glider. "dead stick" landings were never a problem when I flew power models. I am still flying an ancient Impala like that which hooked Simon and still get a lot of enjoyment from it as well as more up to date models.
Malcolm

Only just got onto this forum thing. But I used to fly a Zagi off the Cornish cliffs a few years ago and it really was the best fun. Watch out for the gorse bushes though that was the death for mine. I am in Flat Cambridgeshire now and it is a trek to get to a decent slope site. Happy landings all.
Paul