Retracts identification and help please

Hi I have the chance to get a flair spitfire which is fitted with air retracts but has sat in the loft for 6 years. Can anyone identify the make/model of retracts and also if i can get spares for them. It looks like at the very least I will need to get some more threaded caps to go on the end of the cylinders. I have no experience of retracts at all so would be interested to know if anyone can help me get these up and running.
Steve

Advert

meratis or Eurokits somewhere, i have packets of the caps you need, but i am damned if i know where,Crossgates models at Leeds had good stock of the spares last time i was in there, words of wisdom, the cyklinders sometimes have swaf in them, take the cylinders off, and give them a clean, then lubricate the "o" ring with silicone grease, NOT vaseline, which is petroleum based, and will destroy the "o ring

Thank you guys for the responses. I have sent an e mail with the above photos attached th crossgate models as suggested.

Alan C - If you do manage to locate the caps and you do not need them any longer I would gladly buy them off you to see if I can get the retracts working.

One more question - How do you pump the system up ? do you need a special pump (I saw on jetline website that there is a eurokit pump but can a normal bycicle or foot pump be used instead)

Thanks again

Steve

I use these almost exclusively on jets and warbirds. They are indeed Eurokit retracts and I have found them utterly reliable. i do recommend changing the control valve to a Jetronic electronic one though (personal preference) and the fill valve to a good quality Unitract (shraeder (spelling?) bicycle tyre) type. You can then pump up the system to about 100psi using a bike pump (hardest) or a car tyre inflator (mines on my jump start unit which also doubles as my field battery - easiest). Any tyre inflator will do but battery powered ones are easiest.