REplacing servo gear set E-Flight Blade 400 3D

TonyS

Hi,
Can anyone please point me in the direction of a manual or diagram that will show me what order to put the gears back into a servo on this heli!!
I took one apart some months ago and I'm only just getting around to fixing it. Needless to say there are no gears in so I can't see how they went together. I'd much prefer not to disassemble one of the other servos to find out but, if this Q bears no fruit may well have to...
T

Advert

hi tony
I've just whipped the top off one of my spares ,but i cant upload the picture as its on a 4gb card and my comp wont read it! I'll dl it from my camera to the comp via the lead in the morning(the lead is in my sons bedroom somewhere!)so it'll have to be in the morning.sorry.

however looking at the servo(motor drive gear on the left)there are 3 posts.

the first gear to fit is the gear on the center post small drive upwards(there are two identical looking gears with fine teeth. you need the one with thesmall center hole,try it on the right hand post it wont fit)
secondly fit the very small gear on the left post so it drives from the motor pinion to the first gear you just fitted.
third is the gear onto the right hand post again fine teeth and small drive gear uppermost.
fourth is the fine toothed gear with a coarse drive onto the center post
finally fit the drive gear to the right hand post.

Edited By boggy on 23/04/2011 00:50:53

picture as promised Tony.

note its a genuine blade servo,it has missing teeth!!  

Edited By boggy on 23/04/2011 09:32:34

shame Tony. the stock servo's are reasonably cheap if your just looking to replace one

Edited By boggy on 23/04/2011 23:31:04

You'd think Boggy, that given this is a 3D heli, they would make the gears out of something more robust than a reasonably hard cheese. They lose teeth faster than an 80 year old in a sweet shop.
I'll order a couple of servos (and some more replacement gear sets!)
I could've bought two new helis with what I've spent on parts but I guess that's just what E-Flight want.
In all though, it's the wrong helicopter for me to learn on - hence all the constant repairs - but it was bought as a gift so I had no choice. Any recommends for a good beginners heli? (I have a Blade MSR but I want to move on to an outdoor model).
T

Tony,

I very quickly decided to dump the stock servos and ESC and put in a 40A ESC and metal geared servos!!

Never broken a servo gear since!!! lol

The ESC I changed as I found that after about 30 seconds of hovering the stock 25A ESC was overheating and shutting down!!! No good at all!!!!

Hope that gives you some food for thought!!

Dave

tbh Tony the align series are probably the best all round range for reliability and cost per crash.However the phoenixtech helicopters (although new )are proving good.in particular the 360 which swings slightly longer blades on 4s batteries.

the blade can of course be upgraded with hitec mg servos on cyclic and the tail. but sadly it quickly spirals in cost......the esc overheats the gyro lets go etc...the only advantage being that the parts can be moved to your next heli.Overall its best kept close to std,at least problems are relatively cheap in the grand scheme.

phoenixtechs outlet shop is here

David you must have had a duff esc I was getting at least 1minute 30 out of mine  

Edited By boggy on 24/04/2011 11:59:19