Hi,

I have tried calling unitracts phone and fax this mornign to order some retracts and both phone and fax seem to be disconnected.

I have double checked the numbers on their website, I am sure I have not mis dialled..

Does anyone know what the situation is ?

Thanks

Paul

Advert

HI Paul,

There was a notice in the last (I think) BMFA news. Basically Tony (the owner) is winding down and only producing a limited set of retracts for certain plans (ie Tony Nijhuis, Brian Taylor etc)

I thought you would still be able to get in touch though.

Craig

Edited By Craig Carr on 26/04/2011 12:59:30

Hi Paul, as Craig says Tony is still in business but he has reduced the items he manufactures, as he has downsized his premises, due to overheads increasing dramatically. I heard from him a couple of weeks ago when he shipped me some Spitfire retracts. The number I have from the invoice is 07805 822240 Tues - Thurs 0900 - 1600 only.....

Cheers
Danny

Hi Paul,

May I ask what retracts you are trying to order?, reason I ask is that I tried ordering some retracts for the BT DH Mosquito 71" around October last year.
At the time he said he was no longer making them, I tried making my own but simply never had the equipment. I ended up ringing him just over a month ago and he said that as there are quite a few people after the same sets he will be making some more.

Just a few days ago I emailed him and asked when he will be making them and he said a couple of months at least, my worry is if at all.

Anyhow he has a few problems as stated above which I dont feel right divulging but im sure you can guess family come first.

Im very frustrated, If I dont get these retracts Im thinking ill have to abandon the project or wait five years and save to buy all the machining equipment lol!.

Here's the contact he left me the same as Dannys, try emailing him he often gets back to you quite quickly.

07805 822240 0900 - 1600 hrs. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ONLY.

Hope you get something sorted out, im sure you will hes a really nice fella.

• 6 years later...

I spoke to someone around 16th May ordering some bespoke oleos. They seemed nice and helpful. I was told 2-3 weeks lead-time and they would sort the money out late - they did not know what postage would be. So they would give the full cost when ready to ship.

Since then, I have emailed and left multiple calls. I am getting no answer or response.

Looking at the web, Unitracts now seems to be popping up with contact address at the original address on Tyneside and now in Gravesend, London.

So unsure if they have been taken over or relocating. The contact numbers are the same for both...but no one answers.

Lets hope not gone the same way as Traplet.

• 5 weeks later...