Blue foam twin-boom build and maiden

Tom Wright  2

Advert

SET UP INFO.

C/G ........5 1/4 ins in from the leading edge .

Any brush less out runner with KV 900 to 1200 and rated at 400W.

Prop 12x6 and use a watt meter to check for an indicated power of 250 w to 350W .

ESC 40A minimum higher is better.

LIPO 2.8 A to 4A three cell.

SERVOS - GWS park fly types , the original is on 9 gm no probs but a bit cheeky.

Aileron neutral position.........level with wing top surface .

Aileron throw .........,+ 1 in - 1 in if you can programme differential try reducing the downward movement .

Elevator neutral.......level with tail top surface .

Elevator throw.........1 in up 1 in down .

Tailplane incidence.....parallel to the extended datum line taken from the wing rear flat top surface.
Any deviation should be slightly negative, not more than2 degrees.

Motor thrust line........,parallel with front surface of wing underside

Motor side thrust 2 to 3 degrees .( built in when gluing fus to wing)

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 11/05/2011 06:52:32

Posted by Tim Mackey - Administrator on 09/05/2011 17:24:56:
Tom, try this.
If you are not entirely sure about posting videos ,or keep getting it wrong like me click on the link write down Tim's destruction's (it only takes a minute) then follow them when you post a video,if i found it simple it has to be ridiculously simple and it is!

TOM.

Having re posted the photos in click to enlarge format it leaves very little to add ,if there are questions please do not hesitate to ask,or if more photo detail,or description is needed its not a problem to post them.

My apologies for the somewhat disjointed way the blog runs but it has been a learning curve for me ,and the project is so simple that i am sure most can produce a viable model from the information provided.

Do choose a nice calm day to test fly then after trimming and getting used to the way she handles , then try some flights in winder conditions,the control response should be positive but not twitchy.

Check the glide and power on attitudes and adjust to suit personal preferences,the glide is really quite flat and dead stick landings from modest heights should be easy.

Thanks for following the thread.

Tom.

Hi Tom,
WELL DONE MATE,
SUPERB EFFORT.
Sorry for not posting earlier,but the proverbial has hit the fan at home with this water leak i have.It's become a bigger job than i thought.
The insurance company have finally come to their senses and will start tomorrow,they say they will have to lift floorboards in most of the bungalow to dry it out when they find the leak.
I may be busy and off line for a little while ,as soon as im back in action,i will start the build and let you know.
If others are going to build this superb plane,start it off and let others know the how's and why's as you build.
Ta Ta for now

vince

Firstly thank you all for the comments and encouragement it might have been better if i based the thread on building another one ,rather than describe the construction using the well flown original.Please ask questions if you need any further information or help.

Vinnie.
I am glad the Sherwood Forest lads were successful in convincing the insurance bloke to get reasonable with your problem .
Hope to hear from you when things are back to normal,best of luck hope you get it sorted without to much fuss and disruption.

Cheers all.

Tom.

Hi Tom, when time allows, I am seriously thinking of building your twin boom foam model. I have read and re read the article and found that all information is available via words and the exellent pictures. Previously I would have not touched a model without a drawing, well done. This will be my first foam model, and my first electric job. One question. With all materials, electrics, and so forth at hand, How long do you think an average (speed) builder will take to complete the job. Cheers FB3

Edited By fly boy3 on 15/05/2011 17:33:43