As you may be aware, I love my Stik and after reading an article by Nigel Hawes in the Feb 07 ( I think ) Fly Elec' I've decided to buy a Micro Stik kit from Micron Radio Control.
It's only 17" span and about 4oz so I may need to use a different power source than my existing Stik - SC61.
Any experience on this kit and do I need to change the motor

Phil

Ps
Wish Steve Houghton 1 and myself some luck this weekend, it looks like our first venture at this slopeing thingy is going to take place, him with his Hawk and me with my battered 2nd hand Zagi.
If unsuccessful I'l put a .61 on mine

Edited By Big Phil on 12/05/2011 20:04:09

Edited By David Ashby - RCM&E on 21/10/2011 07:19:44

• 1 month later...
Is this the one DF? Well i have never seen one ,cannot say for sure but its possible that the gear fitted to this model is dedicated and not compatible with mainstream equipment so not suitable for any thing much other than similar very small light models it looks like it could only be flown out doors in very calm conditions, its a similar concept to my PL models but a micro size.IMO equipping the wind dragon might be a better bet but i can see the attraction you have to the fact that every thing you need is in the box .
Charging is normally done by plugging the rx battery into the tx unless the specs say a dedicated charger is supplied.

Edited By Tom Wright 2 on 20/06/2011 02:23:32

Edited By Tom Wright 2 on 20/06/2011 02:27:54

Posted by Tom Wright 2 on 20/06/2011 02:04:55:
Is this the one DF? Well i have never seen one ,cannot say for sure but its possible that the gear fitted to this model is dedicated and not compatible with mainstream equipment so not suitable for any thing much other than similar very small light models it looks like it could only be flown out doors in very calm conditions, its a similar concept to my PL models but a micro size.IMO equipping the wind dragon might be a better bet but i can see the attraction you have to the fact that every thing you need is in the box .
Charging is normally done by plugging the rx battery into the tx unless the specs say a dedicated charger is supplied.

Edited By Tom Wright 2 on 20/06/2011 02:23:32

Edited By Tom Wright 2 on 20/06/2011 02:27:54

Thanks Tom that is the one, i'm attracted to it because as you say, all the bits are in the box, i will get the glider as soon as i can but i have to buy new specs first as i scratched the lenses on these (so much for scratch coat) and it is driving me mad!!

The wing dragin that Martyn so kindly gave me is ready to go so i shall take that to the park as well as the stik for a little fun flying until i get the glider, and you are correct the r/c gear is custom to the stik so no good for anything else but that doesn't matter and it come with 2 small lipo batts that charge from the transmitter. bargain! and it's only £49-99 form channel4 models near me so double bargain!!!

Thankyou too to David for the info

Well i have now purchased the ERC Micro Stik!

Bought it from Channel 4 models in Charminster at a very reasonable £49-99.

Everything seems well puut together and the control sticks on the supplied 2.4ghz tx are very smooth indeed, 2 tiny lipo's that charge from the tx and some ribbon for some fighting! even the batts for the tx are included..although i have better quality rechargables i shall use.

Waitng for a nice calm day now! we will get one soon i hope........

Also bought this

It's a free flight jobby distributed by J Perkins, was in sale at £9-99

I have no interest in free flight but i thought... maybe one day in the future when the stik comes to it's end, i may just use the gear from it in this, it is about the same size as the stick and i think would make an interesting little project for those long rainy days

Have noticed that there is a great list of spare parts for the stik, i wondered, if i purchased a new servo/receiver board and jiggery poked it into the zero, would i be able to use the supplied controller for both planes?

Says in the instructions that the tx should already be bound to the plane but if it isnt then hold these 2 little butons untill a tone is heard, could i do that with the new board in the zero if i fit one do you think?