Acro Wot plus Flaps?

Tim Cheal

I have an Acro Wot with a single aileron servo. I am considering adding a second aileron servo. This would give increased redundancy in case of a servonfailure, and flaps or reflex. I have read mixed advice about which would work best or even whether either is worthwhile. I fly from a field which is 75m square and in light winds it can sometimes be tricky to get it down over the trees.

Does anybody use flap(erons?) or reflex with an Acro Wot, and would you be able to let me know if it makes much difference to overall landing distance?

Many thanks.

Tim

I would not recomend useing the ailerons as flaps on a tapered wing, this would give wash-in, and lead to tip stall, the acro wot has a generously thick wing, it slows up enough, 2 servos is always a good idea, but we where flying these 30 years ago, with just one central servo try crabbing the model, using aileron and opposite rudder, this is a speed bleeder,and is quite controllable,

As Alan says by crabbing my Acro Wot it almost comes in at less than walking pace, flaps are just not needed.