The joy of slope

It wont be a "faulty " receiver Steve - its the simply the way the servos are configured with the rx ports.

1) Start with a clear, fresh memory slot in the tx - all settings back to default no servo reverse etc.
2) Make sure you have no free mixes active.
3) Try swopping servo connectors over ( IE left to aileron / right to aux1 )

Setting the correct combination of servo to port, and servo direction, WILL get it correct.

When you have that done, Ill talk you through the throttle stick activation.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 22/07/2011 10:12:55

Advert

Exactly what Tim said for me with a JR Tx its 1 servo into channel2 and 1 into aux1 or channel 6,flaperon mix on in wing type.
However you may find you still need to reverse 1 channel to get it right but thats what it will be, if its futaba then its channel1 and 6, oh and Hitec is the same as futaba
I have 2Jr sets 2 futaba sets and 2 Hitec  lol  

Edited By Mark Web Tech on 29/07/2011 09:56:11

Posted by Conwy Soarer on 18/07/2011 11:33:27:
I would set it up with a neutral dive test ie not pulling out and not tucking under, fly it for a bit like that and get the throws so you are happy, then play a bit more with a more rearward CG - its only a foamy at the end of the day! In the words of the Dr Pepper ad - whats the worst that can happen!

Well I reset the elevons so that they were exactly in line with the underside of the wing and chucked it off the hill. She just wanted to go up up up and I had to push the stick forward lots just to get her away from the ridge. Once I'd got a good height I did the dive test and she immediately wanted to pull out, so I brought her in and added 10grams to the rear and re-launched her. The same as last time on the launch but this time the dive test was much better, so I brought her in again and added another 5 grams. This time on the dive test she didn't try to pull out or tuck under, she just kept diving down at 45 degrees, so I pulled her up, got some height and added some down trim. Now she's flying much better, has more speed and is a pleasure to fly.

My flying buddy Mark was flying his Ron Broughton Balistik, and in the lift we were experiencing at times, it lived up to his name. I've never seen anything like it from a foamy with fast runs across the face of the slope and then vertical climbs, probably going up 100 metres or more before being levelled out ready for another rocketing, diving pass. Amazing!

Edited By Mark Web Tech on 29/07/2011 10:00:57

Ive asked the tech guys....and meanwhile, I am deleting the video link - as it seems that this is when the problem started?
Stephen Wenban - I have PMd you
Can you guys with the troubles, let me know if this fixes it please. Ta

Edited By Mark Web Tech on 29/07/2011 09:59:40

I like big powered aerobatic models I've ben flying for about 7 years and can do most B and C Cert flying, so call myself an intermediate flyer.

But, back home I live in near (10mins) from the Marlborough Downs and here in the US, I have another year here next to Mount Scott in the Witchita National Park (about 20 mins).

I'm keen to learn slope gliding so that I can enjoy flying in higher winds and enjoy been outside on the hills, and may even take the dog for a walk out, so that Mrs A thinks i'm doing a chore, not having fun!!. This is where I need help for the next bit.

I have a DX7, some spare servos, and Rxs, so If I buy a wildthing what do I do? - Just get up the slope that has a good updraft of lift and lob it off?. Once flying I guess I'll have no trouble except landing somewhere flat and without obstacles.???

Am I missing something or is that all i need to do? I know back home I've seen a few gliders flying on some hills in the downs, but I've not seen anyone around here in the US to help out, so I'll be starting this alone.

Edited By Mark Web Tech on 29/07/2011 09:58:30

Best thing I ever did was to download and use Google chrome, Like I posted to you Tim I doubt its the Vid as its posted and works fine on other forums .

Edited By stephen wenban on 29/07/2011 07:36:56

Can be viewed okay by Google Chrome but NOT by Safari or Opera for iPAD, the last post that can be viewed is by Steve on the 24th/7 at 23:52.!!!!

Posted by Christian Ackroyd on 28/07/2011 18:04:48:
Am I missing something or is that all i need to do? I know back home I've seen a few gliders flying on some hills in the downs, but I've not seen anyone around here in the US to help out, so I'll be starting this alone.

Christian one big difference flying on a slope is to stay pointing into wind as much as possible. This is done by weaving left and right but always (well mostly) turning out from the slope at the end of each weave.

The reason is really because for a slope to work there has to be a wind, and in a wind, flying downwind will have you moving over the ground very quickly. So always turning into wind has the effect of slowing things down relative to the ground. Giving you time to settle, think and sit in that lovely lift gaining (or regaining) height.

Oh the other thing you have to do - Have fun