The joy of slope

Blimey, what a thread.

Never been sloping, but I'd love to try it. I am building a Depron version of the Snazzle, enlarged to 30 " span from 21". The idea being that when we go to our son's place in Berwick I can chuck it orff the beach cliffs while the grandkids are playing.

What I'd like to know is, can a sloper be used on a sea wall? I live in the Fens, which are as flat as a witch's bazoomas for thirty miles, but we have river banks about 20 feet high for miles. There's one just across the field in front of our house.

MrTin

Posted by Steve Houghton 1 on 12/08/2015 16:28:29:

I've flown a light foamie off the sea wall at Goldcliffe near Newport, over looking the Bristol channel.

You can't do much really except fly back and forth.

Steve, does that mean no aeros? Not even a roll or a small loop?

MrTin

Yes, I guess it's how long is a piece of string, ain't it. The wall near me faces SSW, from whence come the majority of our winds, so could be good as long as i don't fall backuds into the Middle Level Main Drain, wot is a bit big!

My that wall looks familiar. I used to live among the sea walls and dykes of Essex. (Steady, now!!)

Cheers,

MrTin

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Posted by Ian Jones on 11/05/2015 10:35:54:

Yes Chris a day of mixed fortunes.

Anyway that settles the Windrider Bee clone question. I've yet to fly mine in a decent wind though that wasn't the original intention, it was more of a backup when the lift isn't so good.

No doubt see you up there sometime.

Ian Should have crashed the car into the gatepost .At least you could have claimed on the insurance

sad

Posted by onetenor on 25/04/2016 02:21:32:
Posted by Ian Jones on 11/05/2015 10:35:54:

Yes Chris a day of mixed fortunes.

Anyway that settles the Windrider Bee clone question. I've yet to fly mine in a decent wind though that wasn't the original intention, it was more of a backup when the lift isn't so good.

No doubt see you up there sometime.

Ian Should have crashed the car into the gatepost .At least you could have claimed on the insurancesad

Wish I'd thought of that when I submitted the flight plan!

Had a more succesful run out to the hills last week (Bosley Minn), brought the car home still running & in one piece. More importantly brought the model, SI Secret Weapon, home in one piece too!

siswmondeo.jpg

A little trick I devised, leave the model in ahead of the direction of travel when setting off in the car, that way it can't be forgotten ( embarrassed) .

Edited By Ian Jones on 25/04/2016 11:33:22