The joy of slope

Advert

No its ok Tim ,
Dont want to cause any disruption to service ,its on Vimeo under the name Matin for anyone that wants a look .The ext event is only 6 weeks away now and there will be huge amounts of new video and photo's then .Its a week long event so plenty of time for photo's and such.

OK here is a link of me flying my Alula EVO in very light slope lift on the NNW site of the Great Orme. Hope it works

Edited By Conwy Soarer on 01/08/2011 08:55:

Edited By Conwy Soarer on 01/08/2011 08:55:47

Great video mate.
I've just finished my Alula Evo and maidened it on Saturday. Got it all trimmed out now - was a right little so and so to get CoG and throws/trims correct.
Hoping to get out this afternoon and try it on a slope.
Finished it in mock, semi, black headed gull style that should be interesting on a coastal site!
Bought direct from Michael Richter in the States - £71 inc servos, battery & P&P.
Took 2 weeks to arrive and 2 hours to build.
Had a Mini Weasel some time ago and that was a blast. Hope the Alula is as good, if not better.

Posted by Conwy Soarer on 01/08/2011 08:49:24:
OK here is a link of me flying my Alula EVO in very light slope lift on the NNW site of the Great Orme. Hope it works

Edited By Conwy Soarer on 01/08/2011 08:55:47
It works & very nice too

Edited By Ian Jones on 02/08/2011 01:01:54

IE9 issue I suspect - otherwise we would all be getting the same thing. Sorry cant help much more at present, as I am on my own this week, I have a rather serious editing problem at present, and the tech guys are very busy.
TEST edit 1 14.37

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 02/08/2011 14:36:05

Seems to work fine in IE8 Chrome and Safari
TEST EDIT 14:48
Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 02/08/2011 14:48:39
TEST EDIT 2 14:50 ( Image animation mode  "OFF" )

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 02/08/2011 14:51:08

Tim ,
I know that feeling ,I'm struggling with IT at the moment after a server Migration has stop critical databases working properly so far it taken 2 weeks and still they haven't worked it out.
A simple fix for those with IE9 ,dump it and go back to IE 8 and live happy ever after

Edited By stephen wenban on 02/08/2011 19:45:04

It's finally going to happen on Fri, my good mate,Steve Houghton1 is going to take me and my 2nd hand Zagi and show me why he has rapidly become addicted to slopeing.
I expect the darn thing will not fly!!!!
Wish me luck

Phil

Edited By Big Phil on 02/08/2011 20:43:06

Edited By Big Phil on 02/08/2011 20:52:21

Posted by Big Phil on 02/08/2011 20:42:21:
It's finally going to happen on Fri, my good mate,Steve Houghton1 is going to take me and my 2nd hand Zagi and show me why he has rapidly become addicted to slopeing.
Wish me luck

Phil

It'll fly Phil. Looking forward to getting you up there, and before long you'll be flying combat with us

Posted by Big Phil on 02/08/2011 20:42:21:
Wish me luck

Phil

Edited By Big Phil on 02/08/2011 20:43:06

Edited By Big Phil on 02/08/2011 20:52:21

Hey BP, it has to fly!

You (and I) are part of a band of "about to be slopers", we can't have bad examples at this stage.

Good luck with it

Edited By Ian Jones on 02/08/2011 22:00:01

Well I have to say this is a very infectious thread.....

Its strange....I've dipped a toe into most branches of the hobby but never really felt the urge to chuck a model off the top of a hill!!!

I think it was the bit on the RSA (Rivington Soarers Association) in Andy Ellisons On The Edge article in this months RCM&E that kind of sparked an interest....living in Chorley I'm practically in the shadow of Winter Hill & I got to thinking that I really shound give it a go sometime.....

For a beginner I'm thinking something cheap & bouncy if the way forward....the SAS Wildthing has been mentioned a couple of times & I like the look of the new Spectre from Flying Wings too.....servos I guess metal geared micros will do the job & 2.4 is probably the way forward too (I currently use both 35 & 2.4 modules as I lack the funds for another 10 Fuby Rxs....)....Bullet Tape....? Where does that come from? Similarly cross weave tape.... PU glue I have lots of....(£6 for 750ml from your local builders merchant)....

Looks like I'm good to go.....