Help.. Retracts!!

Hi ALL...

Once again, any help will be gratefully appreciated. I am building a Harvard- 26cc petrol size. The retracts are air operated. The system is basically the piping to a valve with 3 inlets / outlets and a one way valve to 'charge' the air tank. The one way valve connector is a standard nipple to press a pipe onto. How do you charge the tank? All I have is an air hose going to the one way valve and the open end to connect a pump to. Cheers.. Alan

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

Hello Alan . What you describe is a standard air retact set up .You will need a nipple attacment to fit to your pump. I use a electric tyre pistol pump with its own battery as its very quick and convenient . It will pump up to 100 psi very quickly. You should also have a "T" piece this fits into the line from the filler valve to the tank and leads a line to the operating valve. One thing to be careful with retract set up is that the servo that works the valve isn't stalled as they have been known to burn out and occasionally set the model alight ! Not a problem if you are aware of it and set it up properly.

Regards