Naughty eBay ad

NigelH

Posted by Martin Harris on 03/06/2011 23:03:13:
Well, the L4 in the main picture does look rather nice but the rest of the photos of what I presume is the J3 on offer are of a totally different model.

Actually, it's not a bad representation of a Cub although the full size it appears to represent is an L4.

Quite where the Mustang comes into it is a mystery to me as well! Co-incidentally, I'm just off to my shed now to do some work on my 1/4 scale J3 - if 1.4 metres is enormous, I wonder how they'd describe 2.7 metres?

Please post some photos.
Cub fanatic

Advert

Posted by Spice Cat on 03/06/2011 22:41:25:
It is also possible to fly these planes at low altitude, great for when you're learning so those crashes aren't too severe!

What a load of.........

Yes and what happened to the three mistakes high guidance ? Anything can be flown low if you know what you're doing.

Posted by Spice Cat on 04/06/2011 12:16:24:
Posted by Martin Harris on 03/06/2011 23:03:13:
Well, the L4 in the main picture does look rather nice but the rest of the photos of what I presume is the J3 on offer are of a totally different model.

Actually, it's not a bad representation of a Cub although the full size it appears to represent is an L4.

Quite where the Mustang comes into it is a mystery to me as well! Co-incidentally, I'm just off to my shed now to do some work on my 1/4 scale J3 - if 1.4 metres is enormous, I wonder how they'd describe 2.7 metres?

Please post some photos.
Cub fanatic

Sorry- I know this is off topic so I'll keep it short - as requested by Spice Cat I've uploaded a few to an album (Cub) in my photos. Bought it part finished and covered in dodgy green, got it flying although with some painting to do, had a spar failure due to some poor engineering that was hidden under the covering, now rebuilding in "proper" Cub Yellow and adding some more scale details...

Edited By Martin Harris on 05/06/2011 00:03:18

I was fooled into buying a Parkzone spitfire as my first plane. The guy said that its great for beginners and when it crashes it will be fine and easy to fix, but know need to worry because you never will crash it. First flight i crashed it and it was completely destroyed. So i returned it to the shop with a complaint to there costumer service. Thankfully they apologized and i got a refund!! RESULT! Now i've joined a club

Happy flying

Tom

• 3 months later...
Ebay Is not such a bad place shop if you are careful. I actually brought the Seagull Decathalon that began the thread. The guy was emigrating and had started the build, but only glued the wings and hinges.
The plane came with all receipts, a brand new unused 12v starter battery - two new props, two cheap hitec servos which I would use on flying services but are serving on the throttles of other planes. A brand new unopened rx,TX and glow charger - which I really needed. A 12v lead acid charger, two brand new 6v rx batteries, with receipts, and a pile of useful bits and pieces like fuel pipe, clips, extension leads and the like. The bits were worth more than ?60.
The Decathalon is a bit of a handful on the ground.( Rudder rates help) However, it flies well and has real presence in the air. All in all I'm a happy buyer and think I really did get a bargain! So thanks eBay! I've enjoyed my purchase this season and saved a fair bit of cash!