General hobby

Some how I have got on their mail list (General hobby )& recive e-mails nearly every week. Looking through the sale list, I like the look of the Flycat 90 pusher jet here, has anybody got one, what are they like to fly. Looking at the video's they seam to twitch a bit when slowing down for a landing or is it just cross winds...

Edited By J V R on 14/07/2011 16:08:17

Advert

• 4 years later...

I found a thread on that model, (American forum), it would appear it was originally sold by Nitroplanes, the thread was dated 2008, so it look like one of those 'models or tooling' that get passed around to various manufacturer/suppliers.

The thread was for an electric conversion, found it with a Google on - flycat 90 pusher jet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my first order from General Hobby delivered, bought one of these to replace my red one.

All went very well; about 14 days from order to receipt, half of which was due to UK customs. GH communications not the best I have seen but can't fault their service or prices. USPS very good with detailed tracking information.

Edited By Masher on 14/09/2015 11:26:31

• 1 month later...

Can't say I can personally recommend them, you have been lucky Masher. My customer experience has not been a good one and has been ongoing for 11 weeks!

Summary of $115 cowl and canopy order:

27/08/2015 - Order placed online and payment made via PayPal

02/09/2015 - Notified via email that a shipping label had been created (but not shipped).

24/09/2015 - Chased my order via website form and telephone answer machine (number of website), no reply received so called a different number found on my PayPal receipt. Man on phone said it was despatched on 21st (dubious claim as no tracking info update).

01/10/2015 - Filed a PayPal dispute for refund as tracking info still not updated and no delivery.

06/10/2015 - Email received from General Hobby informing me that my items had now been despatched. New tracking info received via email also.

12/10/2015 - Import VAT paid to HMRC via Parcel Force (£19.25)

14/10/2015 - Package received. Wrong items, damaged and cowl was the wrong colour also!

14/10/2015 - Request sent to General Hobby to replace or refund via PayPal

To add insult to injury the canopy is cracked in 3 places, which they have tried to fix before despatch with cyano! Obviously this then misted over, which they then tried to sand off (or use wire wool) which left scratch marks. In another area they have tried to repaint, badly!. So bad is the damage and cowboy repairs, it was noticed before the canopy came out of the box.

I was expecting trouble with this order as reviews of General Hobby on other forums are mostly poor but I gave them a chance. I'm glad at least that Masher got what he wanted with no hassle.

So now I wait for the suppliers response before escalation to PayPal for a possible refund.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear of your troubles Alan, at least you have been compensated - nearly.

Just to rub it in, my MX-2 flies very well. The kit was one of the best to put together with very few of the normal ARTF work-arounds being needed.

Shame about the question mark over GH because I would certainly like more kits from them - but only if I get an experience like mine rather than yours.

Glad to read that you are happy with your purchase Masher yeslaugh

Having read the many reviews for General Hobby on RC Groups Forum, I have come to the following conclusions:

• General hobby have a good choice of models for sale at great prices.
  • They are good at box shifting. If the sale, delivery and contents are right, then all is good.
  • Communication from them is not the best and very poor by telephone.
  • You have a 50/50 chance of a positive outcome.
  • If you do have any issue with your purchase, good luck. Hopefully your credit card company will have already insured you against this.