Retracts for YT 120 Spitfire

Hi all,
I've just started this beautiful model and am stuck on retract choice. The air operated ones offered by YT are 90 degree which will give a splayed look to the model but improve ground handling I expect. However I quite fancy the Lado tech 333 electric retracts which look a lot less complex than air and they offer them in a 95 degree version which will give the correct 'sit' to the 'plane. Has anyone had experience with either of these? Any other suggestions?
Cheers
Tim

Advert

Which ever you use, you will need to tilt them forwards from the 'stock' wing mount. If you fly off tarmac you may get away with it at the expense of chipped props, On grass it was near impossible to accelerate from rest without it tipping forward onto the prop.

I used the retracts as supplied by YT. The units themselves were OK, the fill valve and actuating valve less so.

I have no experience of the electric retracts so couldn't advise.

The flying weight of this model is well up there so do go for something robust and well able to bear the weight.

All said , this model looks good and flys well. Mine is in for a refurb and new paint scheme. I also want to take out the 91FX (two stroke glow) and replace it with a petrol. I am told that some of the 20cc petrols can be fitted.

Post some pics of yours.
stu k

Hi Mate,
Yes mine was a version one of this model. I can't remember off hand but you will need as much as you can sensibly get in there.

Mine legs also stood slightly proud of the wing under surface, annoying when first found but invisible in the air.
cheers,
stu k

mine is the first version, lolly stick on the rail works for me, and dual rate with a LOT of movement on the upper rate, i also damp it down with expo, the newer version has the reatract further forward, but the prototype, before it was retired, had clocked up hundreds of flights, no problems