MN48 servos - alternatives?

Just acquired an E-Flite Advance 25e kit (following glowing RCME review!) and trying to sort out suitable servos, as the JR MN48 servos suggested in the build instructions don't appear to be easily available in the UK. Any suggestions as to suitable (and not horrendously expensive) substitutes? MN48s appear to be 33mm x 14.7 in plan form, 3.5kg/cm torque. Anyone building one of these be good to hear from you.

Advert

• 1 year later...

Calling Huggy, I too have just aquired this model and wondered in the end, what servo's you installed. I don't really want to alter the servo cut outs especially in the wing where the covering is so good and so a drop in servo recommendation would be useful. Anybody have any views on the Spektrum 3010 servo.

Whats the general oponion of this model as a graduate from a long serving trainer to a first low winger.

Hi Redex - I used Hitec HS81 servos, as I couldn't get 225s, they are slightly smaller than the originals but with the little ply plates that David mentions, they have worked just fine. It's a nice flyer, very stable, and the 25 motor is plenty. Takeoffs and landings are excellent (except when the odd bit of pilot error creeps in!) and the U/C is tough and will handle a bit of rough ground, though not the swamp we currently have at our field! The HS81s were £7.50 each at the time from Steve Webb's Servo Shop. Very good first low winger I'd say.