non modelling

airman

WOW. When Graham Ashby and the RCME team were driven in a fleet of luxurious limousines from Berwick Towers, to their monthly planning meeting at a top London hotel. Little did they know what was going to unleashed on to their unspecting readers.
After a meal cooked by top London chiefs, and the best wine money can buy, was drunk.The important issue of the day took place. What is going into the next issue of RCME. The usual ideas like advertising on the front cover, that it is the biggest issue.Easy just pad out the articals.
Then one member of the team put forward the idea of having a forum on the internet, where readers can talk about toys. Silence!
You could hear a pin drop. After a few minutes the team started to look each other.YES, YES, YES what a brilliant idea. More bottles and cigars were ordered.
Could the team, have realised that subjects like :- recycling, congestion zone, wind turbines, deforestation, walnut whips,would be discussed.
The question I am asking, is should non modelling subjects be discussed on this forum?

Advert

I'd be interested to know why you're against talking about non-modelling topics on this forum, Dave. Do you really talk only about modelling-related issues when amongst your peers at the club? I see this as an extension of that, really - members here have been brought together due to a shared interest, but I don't see why that should mean that they can't talk about other things in a folder designed purely for that.

Does anyone else feel as strongly about this as Dave?

Hi Tom
I am not agaist non aeromodelling iterms in this forum.
The reason that I asked the queston is that I posted a topic on electric cars. And one of the replies asked, why non aeromodelling iterms, were on a modelling forum.I wanted to know what other readers thought.
I write the club magazine for the aeromodelling club I belong to,and do put non modelling iterms in it.
Dave

I don't see any reason why non-modelling subjects should'nt be discussed on this forum. I think that any form of discussion is perfectly ok, and can always be brought around to modelling in some form or other, either by fair means or foul.

After all, is there any other subject thats as good as discussing "modelling" in its broader terms.

What I would like to see discussed, is for some-one to explain to a 66 yr old modeller how to go about setting up my Futaba computer radio, to do all the things that it can do, and explain the different terms and what they mean. I am talking about terms such as "exponential,differential,end-point adjustment, and why when I manage to dial in flapperons, do I lose travel on my ailerons. Technology is great, but don't forget us old wrinklies

Hi Handyman - Yeah, I'm definately with you on the subject of setting up a Futaba computer radio....
I've just started back to aeromodelling, after the Wildernest years, and my wife bought me , as a Christmas present, the Futaba 9C super, and it just "blows my mind".Trying to assimilate the instruction book just sends me Ga - Ga!
So in the next few weeks I'll be enrolling in my local Club, here in Northampton. Hopefully, over time all will fall into place - should be great fun that way?