AA Barry needs help

Advert

only thing i can think of-what happened to me was the same as you describe.....when i changed op system from XP to win 7....had me puzzled...until i hit the compatibility view at the top of the forum page.....and by magic...i could then read and reply as normal.......and every now and then i have to re-hit the C/view...again...

ken anderson ne...1..... IT dept.

Might be worth upgrading to IE 9.....my wifes laptop (Vista) was having loads of problems on IE 8...dropping out feezing etc.....loaded up IE9 & its been fine since....

What OS is he using??

Or he could try one of the others...Firefox, Chrome etc & see if that works....the 'net is a fast moving place & the developers expect you to keep up.....

PS this is written on a 5 year old desk top running XP so you can see that I practice what I preach...NOT!!

Hmm, description of the problem doesn't give a lot away does it?

In what way can he not leave a post, has he not been able to log in, has he logged in but the post box doesn't show, does the post box show but nothing shows when he types...etc

I suppose the question might be, how far does he get before he runs into a problem & what is the nature of that problem?

AA is sorted--- i have seen a post on another thread where he has said.....it was the compatibility view...once he hit the button -everything was OK...... might be worth the forum owners letting people know from the start that the site itself is old ... and needs to be run in the C/Mode by some pc's....save some hassle...

ken anderson ne...1..... IT dept.