The Pulse Xt

John Green

Hi Guys,

Just got this months RCM&E and was interested to see the review of the Pulse Xt as Ive been flying it now since spring.

Hanger 9 have made the one airframe electric or i/c powered so its covered with lightening holes even around the u/c mount and tank area. Not a good idea if you fly from a grass patch with aminal hoof marks everywhere (ie the average club location). I'd also question the strength of the ply used for the job as I found it was to weak. Also, the fire wall has holes in it for the electric version Any builder flying it i/c should blank unused holes off to stop fuel ingress, thus the model will last longer. I've used 1/8th light ply to reinforce the whole area mentioned, from the fire wall to past the fuel tank bay.  

Otherwise the model flies well on an SC46!  

• 7 months later...
Advert

I was thinking of getting the Hanger 9 Pulse XT (following the review) as it's taking me such an awful long time building my Cirrus Moth kit. I need another plane and this sort of ARF would do me well untill I finally get my Moth finished (about three or four years at current build rates!).

As I've already bought myself a Saiti 72 (for the Moth) I don't want to buy yet another engine.

Do you know if a 72 would fit in the Pulse, or is it too big.

And how long did the build take you? 

H9 say .58-82 four-stroke and the manual depicts a Saito 82 so I'd say yes.

Only tricky thing with the f/s is the throttle cable run which may require some engineering if the motor is upright...which it would probably need to be? 

I know someone who's made one Martyn and it's just a standard ARTF screw-fix so depending on how much time you've got, say 1-2 weeks of evenings?