Alula glider

Steve Hamilton 3

I have recently purchased an alula she is all together but need to invest in a new transmitter for the one I have is a walkera and don't think it will do the delta wing thing , baught a cirrus tiny receiver with out thinkin so kinda stuck with that and no transmitter any help on which transmitter to buy and how to get it binded with this receiver?

Advert

Steve, although the Alula is only a 2 servo model it does benefit from having a programable transmitter as it needs far less elevator movement than aileron movement..

Not sure what your Cirrus Rx is but if you buy a new 2.4 Tx you would need to get a suitable Rx to go with it.

I've flown my Alula with my Spektrum Dx6i and AR6110E Rx which is a very nice fit, on the Dx6i it's best to setup the elevons as dual ailerons and then mix elevator to flap (sounds complicated but it isn't) to get the correct elevon mixing.

I've since changed over to my Cockpit Sx (with FRSky module) which does elevon mixing much more elegant than the Dx6i.

Cockpit Sx is a much more powerful Tx than the Dx6i but then again it is more expensive. Also on the Dx6i you could just buy the Tx and get one of the 3rd party DSM2 Rx's like http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5833

I use the Orange RX's with my DX6i, no problem at all and elevon mixing is a breeze with this set up. I haven't used the satelite RX's to go with the main unit yet but have just bought a couple of new RX's with satelite units from HK. I also use the Spektrum AR500 RX's as well, which work perfectly well with elevon mixing too.

The Cockpit SX will probably be my next TX of choice, however, at £250 for the tx on its own, I'll have to save my pennies.