Nats 2011 - pics and video

I joined a belgian group to the BMFA 2011 but had to come back home yesterday. So i didn't see the British Memorial Flight (I was extremely happy seeing the spit on saturday, just flying above my head on the control line carrier site)
I hope being there again next year !
Congrats for the organisation !

Edited By Eddy Jordens on 30/08/2011 15:02:13

Advert

Hi BEB,

Love the FF vids, sorry I couldn't stay longer for a chat. Next year I'm camping so I can join in the FF fun on Saturday evening, there is a whole bunch of them in the shed and loft just need a fresh can of Diesel juice and it's game on. Still smiling about FTB's description of the drive down south.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted by Cyclicscooby on 30/08/2011 13:38:12:
Did anyone see the Ford Galaxy parked by the Beer tent with two planes strapped to the roof..!!??
There were models squeezed upto the roof inside, and I guess the roof-rack was his only option..

I was wetting myself laughing, but so much so, I forgot to take a pic..

Was it you that tried to fly your car home..??

Luv
Chrisie.. xx
Not me Chrisie,

Although it was fun packing packing one of my mates in the back of the A4 with a P51D, A4 Skyhalk, small slope soarer and 3 camping chairs (he was the one with the dodgy back so we strapped him in well so he couldn't damage any models).
The boot was full of models, modeling goodies, and two picnic baskets. Note to self: buy an Audi Estate, still strap the mate in the back with models and camping chairs, but more room in the boot for picnic baskets and even more models . Better still buy the Audi Estate and let the mates make their own way there, and more picnics and models for me .

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together,

Chris.

Wifey and ME. We enjoyed the event The highlghts were I have to say varied, with the two Red Hawk Jets with thier fantastic Pilots the best in our view, of the showline. Which Is not in any way meant to decry the other Models and Pilots.

Over on the Pylon area twas all new to me never having seen live Pylon before. Herself said, " I can't see the point of that.

Over to some of the control line circles, the speed of catching, refueling, restart and go rivaled the Formula one cars' pits teams. Herself, "I can't see the point of that". So, on to the combat circles, MAGIC. Herself,,, you guessed it, getting embarrasing this.

Free Flight, we missed it. Too tired, so we relaxed sinking a beer or cider or two while having fun watching the antics of the kids in the Hanger. Some of them getting on in years too

Swapmeet. Have not got a clue when it started, but it was kind of busy when I got there. I never spent a penny or pound either. Some rotten sods just beat me as I went back later to argue a deal on three items I fancied. I saw them pass the cash, grrrr.

Would we go again? Only if the traffic jams further North got sorted, and the cost of fuel got better.

CARAVAN WHEEL & TYRE LOST AT THE NATS !!!!!

I managed to leave the site on Sunday and leave behind my unused caravan wheel (black steel rim) & tyre !!!

They were in a black bin liner - and we were sited 1 patch upwind from the grey WC block, i.e. about 100yrds from the hangar.

Any help would be appreciated,

cheers

Chris D

Posted by Chris Dorn on 12/09/2011 13:12:57:

CARAVAN WHEEL & TYRE LOST AT THE NATS !!!!!

I managed to leave the site on Sunday and leave behind my unused caravan wheel (black steel rim) & tyre !!!

They were in a black bin liner - and we were sited 1 patch upwind from the grey WC block, i.e. about 100yrds from the hangar.

Any help would be appreciated,

cheers

Chris D

Check your messages!!