JP Panic

Dan C

Advert

Phone up Avicraft 020 8460 0818 they are the people who designed/did the panics, and still do.

I've got one of these panic (actually i'm on the panic team) and fly with the unlimited set up.

SC .91 - just right for this plane, not over powered but they're is plenty available.

Servos I used Tower Pro 995 TG. A good middle ground really. Be more than enough for any flyer TBH. 10KG Digitals.

Get these from www.rcartf.co.uk

Rx - if you use digitals i would suggest PCM or multiplex IPD (my favourite 35Mhz Rx's) or 2.4Ghz. If std servos then any rx will do.

Tank size you can use up to 12oz with no mods. Fly for 20mins to empty with this set up.

That should just about cover it.

ANy more questions I am sure I can help - so fire away!

Reuben 

• 3 weeks later...

Yep no probs mate.

Its the 2 stroke. If you wanted a four stroke a Saito 1.00 probably, on Magnum 30 or 20%.

So, SC .91 2stroke, on an APC 15x6. This is the proven set up, and what most of us on the panic team use. I did try the JXF 15x6 but it didnt have enough mass to help the model for the 540 degree stall turn.

regards

Reuben 

I assure you it'll be worth it - not that they're very expensive anyway.

With the amount of power the engine has your able to do climbing flat spins... so long as your CG is in the right place. I can describe how to do it if you want... not really that diffcult, promise!!

Also, the SC is the best 2 stroke ive ever had, started very first flick ever and i didnt bother with running it in, just went straight out to the strip and did loads of random freestyle stuff, never missed a beat all!

Oh, started on Irvine 10%. Ive now switched to TechPower 16 or something, even more power (+its fully synth, which is best. I used the Contest at first to bed the bits in properly as its got some castor in it).

Reuben 

hi Reuben.I fly off concrete some times ,in the review in rcm@e it looks as if the elevator is on the ground ,is this so and has anyone tried putting a tail wheel on,or found another way.

I have a tuned pipe in the cuboard to fit sc91 more to reduce noise than extra power do you think this will cause me probelms with loss of power at lower revs,do you know anyone who has had probelms.dam noise restictions!!!!

regards

tommy

Plastic tail skid in the kit, i think. Works fine, not too good for taxing, but my panic will get off the ground in about 2 foot, so no need to worry!

No need for the pipe, it has a baffled (so very quiet) silencer as standard i think, mine does anyway. Easy enough to check if you want to, just take the silencer apart. Power is plenty aswell, I would avoid the pipe so that your throttling remains good. With the 15x6 espically, its very quiet.

Rgds,

Reuben