soldering a moter lead

Don Fry

I know nothing about electric aircraft, but am retired in France, and her indoors likes holidays, in boat and caravan, and I can't fit big aircraft in and take the dog at the same time, hence small electric aircraft. I am a competent solderer and having cut the moter leads to install in a new airframe, stripped the ends to reveal what looked like copper wire, and went to tin the ends, using standard electronic self fluxing solder, and a 30 watt iron. Did not tin. Tried another brand of solder, and resin based flux, no success. What is going on, never seen the like before. Going on hols on Wednesday, aircraft not finished and the thought of having no aircraft to fly is very worrying, although a murder may ease the strain for a day or two

Advert

Wire wool works a treat. many thanks. On a serious note at the age of 60 next birthday, I need 4 times the light to see by as a young buck. All the prison cells I have seen are not well lit, and also do not come with 13 amp sockets, so one crash only and nowhere for the charger. You have to be careful about getting into non flying situations. I could go on about the sex habits of the young resulting in babies, and the loss of a decade of flying, but people may think me odd. 48 hours to go to hols, floats designed, and drawn, so all I have to do is build them, and I will have a goer. Regards Don Fry