Flair Magnatella

Dave  Drew

Advert

none.

Steady as a trainer, nice and easy to build. Makes sure you get a mk2 kit ( has the coloured box label and has mk2 of it) as this was a redesigned version of the mk1 .

Better design for a four stroke and better quality die cutting.

Try and put a bit of scale detail into it to imitate an eindecker as it makes a big difference. Flying wires, closed loop controls, weathering etc.

I've been flying my old Mk1 Maggie for the last 20 + years, goes nice with a Laser 50, so a modern 52 4 stroke will be ideal. As Adam says, there are no traps with a Maggie, they are just brilliant, and can handle flat calm to quite windy/gusty conditions. Also fly from steady to quite aerobatic if you wish.

A super choice as a move from ARTF, great to hear you want a go at building, and good luck with the project, you won't be dissapointed.

I will never be without one, If I eventually break mine, ( I dont think it will fail through old age) a new one will be constructed asap.

Hello Dave, great range of kits. I maidened my Puppetteer last year and it really looks the part.

I was reading a very informative build thread on the Magnatilla only yesterday on the Medway Model Club website forum...

http://twokentvillages.org/assets/mmfcforum/view_topic.php?id=33&forum_id=11

Believe it of not, this was his first plane...put me to shame, my pup took 20 years, his took a couple of months and looks great, he is justifyably proud of it at the end..

Good luck.

• 11 months later...

Only thing I would add is that the undercart is a bit rigid if you have a bumpy patch. The fairly solid wheels don't help much in that respect. Some people incorporate a bit of springing.

This was covered in the recent build in RCM&E.

Putting a bend in the undercart was the only damage I did in years and years of flying an Atilla (smaller version) If I was to build another this is the way I would go.

HTH