DX6i Control reversal problem

Steve Houghton 1

Just picked up my Baudis Banana slope soarer today and setting up the controls using the Orange RX with my DX6i. Here are the problems I'm having.

1. Ailerons working wrong way around. Selecting servo reverse makes both ailerons go either up or down. Left aileron is plugged into the aileron socket and the right aileron into AUX1. I have tried swapping the leads over to no avail.

2. Selecting servo travel adjust on ailerons only adjusts the right aileron travel.

Hellllllllpppppp

I've managed to get both ailerons to move in the correct direction, and using travel adjust I can adjust the up travel of the left aileron, but not the down movement. I've done this by using a flap mix but I cannot see how to adjust that down movement, unless, mmm, could it be on the throttle stick?

Not sure why you have a flap mix just to get ailerons working - that is a fixed mix automatically assigned by selecting dual ailerons isnt it? Ill have play now.
Your servo travel issue may be connected with whatever position your flap switch was in when you set a mix - it may have been in the flaps active position, so restricting the amount of aileron travel available.

Unfortunately, the DX6i doesn't have a travel adjust setting for AUX1. By adjusting the flap travel adjust to 30%, (the same value as the ailerons), the up left aileron position is correct, I just can't adjust the down travel position.

Now what also happens is when the flap switch is selected on, the throttle stick gives me flap, and the left aileron gives me full down travel flaperon but the left is only the 30% which I selected for aileron movement.

Confused? Me too.

Lets start slowly, and work up one thing at time. Reset everything back to zero /defualt zerso, remove all mixes, trims etc, and JUST set wing mix to dual ailerons.
Then plug in the wing servos and sort out servo revere and assignment to get ailerons working. Im doing that right now on the test rig in front of me.

next, i set flap switch to 0, and ensure that in the flap screen I have 0 flap and 0 elev
Then I move flap switch to on (1) and dial in say..... +75. Both ailerons now move as flaps ( if they are up instead of down, then use a negative value instead. This will obviously depend on whether you have the control horns on top or below etc.

match ?

Ok, I've inactivated both mixes, zero'd sub trims but have left servo reverse settings and dual ailerons has been selected. Both the ailerons are working in correct directions but max travel on them. My priority is to be able to adjust the travel, up and down of both ailerons. The right aileron isn't a problem as I can adjust that to what I like, but there is no adjustment on the left aileron which is plugged into AUX1 with no adjustment available on the tx for AUX1.

In travel adjust mode screen to adjust travel of aileron = use aileron TA, and for the "other aileron" use the flap channel travel adjust, as the DX6i effectively treats one aileron as a flap IYSWIM.
On my rig here, travel can be adjusted both up or down on either channel with no problem.
ensure flap switch is OFF when attempting this.
Remember you need to nudge the aileron stick slightly to shift the indicator arrow into the direction you wish to adjust.

Edited By Tim Mackey on 11/09/2011 00:30:49