Nov RCM&E price?

IanN

My local WHS tried to charge me £4.99 for Nov issue, despite cover price stating £3.80. That's what came up at the till when they scanned the barcode.

Maybe somehow related to the fact that that was the price of the previous mag, the Oct "Autumn Special"??

Anyone else had that, or was it just a local issue at that particular branch?

Advert

• 11 months later...

And exactly the same thing has just happened again, one year later

My newsagent scanned the barcode of the Nov issue through the till, and it came up as £4.99, despite cover price of £3.80. I have the receipt to prove it.

Twice can't be coincidence. There's clearly something amiss, somewhere, with whatever proceedure applies the price to the barcode, following a price change. Result being that the (higher) price of a previous (Autumn Special) issue is charged.

How many people are being overcharged without realising it? 

Yes, once I realised I went back and got the difference refunded no problem.

If the mag was the only item you were buying then you'd probably realise something was amiss straight away. However, if its just one of a no of items then maybe not so lucky - I picked this up purely by chance when my wife queried something else on the receipt

I picked up the November issue and noted(???? same magazine) the woping price increase and thought thats one less to purchase and put it back down, wishing my pension could increase at the same pace.

I dont go with the justification of a price increase for the "high quality articles".  What may be of high quality interest to some may be of no interest to others and as in my case resulted in a lost sale