DX7s chat

flyeruk

Im thinking of buying the dx7s. Has anyone got one of these yet? I know many people will say get the dx8 but im sure the 7 will have more than enough functions for the flying that i do and intend to do.

Advert

Ok, my bad. I hadn't notice it on the Sussex front page so guessed that it wouldn't be out yet.

That TX is an unknown. There isn't even much about it on RC Groups.

I really like my DX8 so far and the DX7S will be very similar. If you decided that you don't need the extra DX8 features then get the DX7S

• 2 months later...
Well,i know some of you will not agree with me,but i have ordered a DX7S today from Als Hobbies. I saw one the other day,and had a little play with it,decided to go for it. It was £169.99 includes Tx,battery,strap charger and sd card,plus free delivery. Im sure it has enough spec for my needs. It arrives monday.

The DX7S arrived yesterday. I like the look and feel of it straight away. I have only,so far,been getting used to the menu and functions,but will say it seems very straight forward.I imagine its very similar to the DX8 but with a few less features. I have already registered the transmitter and loaded the latest software update successfully. Tonight,i have bound it to my AR7000 and have my Wot ready to fly,when the weather is good.One thing im not sure about is the throttle
on the monitor. The throttle servo is working in the right direction,but the monitor shows low throttle going from right to left. Is this normal? On my JR transmitter,it goes from left to right.

I have had 4 flights using the DX 7S so far. Really like the feel of this transmitter.One question if i may. I want to adjust the throttle stick tension ,just finding it a bit too loose. The manual says to move the rubber grips to access the holes for the screws. I dont like pulling things apart when im not sure exactly how to do it. So my question to DX8 owners,is how do you move the grips?I dont want to snap anything.

• 5 months later...

Hello, does anyone know how to adjust the throttle friction on a DX7s. Following the instructions, I have taken the rubber grips off (not a great setup). I have adjusted the screw marked "up-down" but this doesn't seem to do a lot. I noticed some other screws on the back of the unit, but the manual doesn't specify what they are for. Any help, much appreciated! Cheers.

I have a DX7S and was going to adjust the throttle but decided against it. If you cant find the answer on the forums,may i suggest that a call to Horizon hobby UK would get the the answer. I have had a few dealings with them and they are very helpful.