Cracking bit of weather!

Advert

It has been brilliant weather lately and apparently it will continue this week! I've been flying at the club everyday for the past three days and will be later in the week again hopefully! It was almost too still today, the landings were the fastest I've seen yet. The P-51 and the Spitfire that made an appearance had no trouble landing with their flaps but for those without flaps (me) found it extremely tricky! I hope the weather will last but Met forecast snow for October. hmm.... i hope not, might have to get the skis on the plane!

Tom

Today, started out wet and then mainly cleared, leaving just minor showers. Now this is the first we hope, of a week which might be nice. Wind and downpours is what we have been getting in the Northwest of Scotland.

The forecast so far is for a "cracking bit of weather" lasting over the weekend 1st 2nd October. Kilbirnie loch Splash-in

Never a truer word spoken BEB!

We've had some nice winds here for the last few days, a nice 20mph southerly yesterday meant the Merlin was aloft for in excess of 40 mins on just the standard 450 battery, no need for the motor!

Last day of my break today and the wind has gone, so I'm tempted to try flying off Ryde beach later this afternoon when the tide has gone way out. She isn't exactly a sea plane so I hope I can plonk her back on a bit of sand!

r

Posted by flytilbroke on 26/09/2011 20:45:07:
Today, started out wet and then mainly cleared, leaving just minor showers. Now this is the first we hope, of a week which might be nice. Wind and downpours is what we have been getting in the Northwest of Scotland.

The forecast so far is for a "cracking bit of weather" lasting over the weekend 1st 2nd October. Kilbirnie loch Splash-in

Got a bit of an update, Just after posting the above it started raining,,,still IS raining 23 hours later. Ruddy weather forecasters now say it's going to be VERY wet at Kilbirnie on Saturday and just a little bit better on Sunday.

On the plus side we in the Northwest are told we will get one nice day this week.

Ah, but which one FTB! They're not telling you that are they!

Well its supposed to be nice here tomorrow - even better than today - so I've booked a half day off and I'm planning on going flying in the afternoon

"Good heavens!" you say, "Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday afternoon?"

Yeap. Anyone would think it was summer wouldn't they!

Reality is I'm just getting it in while I can! This (i.e. these few days) are the summer - get out while it lasts I say!

BEB

Looks like my 4 days of fabulous flying was all the good luck headed my way this week, on the way home some unobservant fellow decided to drive his bin lorry right into the back of my car

Everybody is safe and well, and no damage to anything but the car. Even the Merlin survived without a scratch and that was right at the back of the boot!

r.