Adjusting retract servo travel on a dx8 - help if poss

Steven Butler

Hi

I have just put together a phoenix mustang with mechanical retracts. Initially I could only get them to lock in one direction only. I tried to adjust the servo travel in the servo set up menu and no matter how much i adjusted it the servo did not move despite the tx monitor showing an adjustment as I rolled the wheel and the value changed. I have solved the problem now by simply fitting a longer servo arm to give more trave lbut i would still like to know why the servo did not adjust when I tried to change the servo travel via the Tx.

Any help gratefully received.

Steve

Advert

Steve, you could use a regular servo, but as they only turn through roughly 90 degrees you wouldn't be able to get the servo to lock out. Retract servos turn through around 185-190 degrees so they are self locking. On top of that they are often low profile to fit in the depth of the wing. They also have very sturdy gearsets.
The 'retract channel' is just another channel, you could use it for flaps, gyro rate or anything else you like, hence the provision of the usual adjustment
As Alan said, use a separate battery!