Ultra micro Stryker

• 4 weeks later...

Gaz,

Looking at doing this to mine.

Did you use the gear channel or did you move the elevon channel in the reversed aileron socket to the normal aileron channel and play with the mixes?

I'm also using a DX7 (not the 'S' which means I will have to set up the mixes manually what are you using?

Any advice would be great.

Shaun

Another little thing...

Deciding it was getting a little reluctant to slow up I checked the C of G. I have just added 5g of lead just ahead of the motor (took the motor plate off and drilled a small hole in the foam). I also removed some of the foam from the back of the battery bay so the battery can go farther back.

What a difference! Now it slows up so much it just floats onto the ground if I want. Full back stick and it just drifts down, full forward and it flips upside down in the same attitude, Harriers everywhere.

The reason; I've knocked the nose off so many times I think the weight of the glue has pulled the C of G forward. I would think just a couple of grammes at the nose would equal 5 at the back.

A lot more sensitive on the elevator now, just having to relearn/readjust to it.

I thought it was me not able to do these things!

Worth rechecking C of G after even small repairs on these foamies, I know that now.

Shaun