MFA Yamamoto

Andrew767

Hi all..I hope someone can help...I've just aquired a Yamamoto kit but it's minus the plan. It's the original 3ch wood version..i know its just a box and i can work it out but it would be really nice to have a plan...does anyone have a copy that i could buy or copy please?.....also has anyone electrocuted one of these?, i'm curious to know what set up was used.

Thanks

Andrew

An exellent aquisition Andrew, Cannot help with a plan or electrification, but as an ic trainer is  second to none. Many years ago when ARTF had not yet appeared, the Yam was one of the best flying trainers on the market. As you say a box with wings, this was intentional as repairs were relatively easy and quick ( no compound curves etc). I am sure the leccy expertise on this forum will sort you out with no bother. Cheers FB3

Edited By fly boy3 on 21/11/2011 19:39:44

Can't help on the plan Andrew, but I have just resurrected mine which has not flown since the 80's and survived 5 house moves.

Apart from having to do some internal repairs following some mouse squatters, and some recovering, the model has stood up to time well, but the original Flash 35 engine seemed very low on power so I treated it to an SC32.

It had it's new maiden 2 weeks ago, and another session last Sunday and it went very well - I had forgotten just how manoeuvrable it can be with just rudder and elevator!

If you want any photos to help your build let me know - I am sure you will be pleased with the result.

Re the lekky bit, my Seagull Innovator is a similar size and that is flying very well on one of these from GC and a 3s 3000 LiPo

Colin Thanks for your kind offer, i may take you up on that...strangely enough i was going to use an E Max version of that motor as i already have one.It runs very well on 4s and i had considered trying it on 3s..What size esc did you use? Do you have any readings from a watt meter?..and what size prop did you use?.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew

Last time I tested, the Innovator was pulling 340W on a 11x6 APC prop. Esc is a Hobbywing 40A also from GC here

• 3 months later...

Hi guys I still have my box section yamamoto from many years ago and I have the original box and plan. I live in Australia now so if it's worth your while I can help. here are the specifations that are on the plan.

Span 1422mm (56"

Length 1040mm (41"

Weight all up 2.1-2.5kg (4.5-5.5lb)

Engine 5.0-6.5cc (.29-.40 cu in)

Three channel or four if you add the aileron wing

• 1 year later...

Hi Andrew,

Almost 2 years down the line, how did your Yamamoto build go?

I seem to have become a bit of a Yamamoto nut in recent years, I have an original balsa kit, a New Yamamoto 1600 (fibreglass fuselage model), the wherewithal to churn out Yamamotos (including stickers), but,as yet, have not completed a single one due to other aircraft build projects and real life.

Hope you are doing well,

Regards

Steve.