flap set up ar 600

david 7

just coming to the end of finishing my db mentor trainer, i have a couple of questions i have set up the alierons to have up alirons on the flap switch ok do i need to mix in some elevator when the flaps are used if so how much and is it up or down travel i need.

also i want to set the alirons to go down useing the gear switch but i can not get the mix correct on my dx6i, when i pull the gear swich one alieron goes up and one goes down i dont know how to set this up can any one tell me how
to do it please.

thanks dave.

Advert

1st off I'm not sure why you'd want spoilerons (i.e. up aileron) on your mentor I don't think they would do anything useful, but here's my suggestions

1) Elevator trim change, with spoilerons you might need a little up trim, but I'd try it without first and see what happens.

2) Using gear switch for flap, you need to mix gear switch into flap and then both ailerons should move together. (Note using full span ailerons as flaps will give more camber and lift but might make the model more prone to a tip stall, so try small amounts first)

I did something similar on an EDF I built, to get two stages of flap, partial flap with retracts down (take off setting) and then full flap with gear down and flaps on, worked fine, but I only had elevator compensation on the flap switch. I guess I could have used the 2nd free mix to mix gear with elevator, but on the take off flap setting it didn't need any elevator trim change.