LI Po battery leads

Advert

Tiger Tim, you sound new to Lipos so on that basis please be careful when charging the lipo that you have all the settings correct on the charger. And make sure you do the first charge outside. Lipos can explode and burst into quite spectacular flames if you do it wrong.

• 8 years later...

This is an old posting but I am interested in the comment about the first time of charging. I bought an Overlander s3 2200 Lipo just before the lock down so it has not yet been used or charged. I realise batteries can sit about in a shop or warehouse for some time before use but should I be looking to charge it from time to time. I do have a 'Battguard' to run it down after charging. I guess it is going to be summer time before I can use it for real in the model so will it be Ok to wait until then.

If you;re not going to use the battery there is no need to charge it. It should have been shipped at storage voltage of around 3.85v/cell, so you can check that with your Battguard and if the cells are all at that same voltage, just store the battery until you need it. No need to charge the battery from time to time.