CenturyUK Mini 47G

Elliot

• 1 month later...
Advert

Hi Elliot,

I got a Mini 47g and a motor went during the 12th flight. The guy in the shop said not to fly for more than 5mins at a time and then let the motors cool but a motor still died. I'll try 4 mins next time

Haven't got back to the shop about it yet.

It flew really well once I'd tightened the blades a little. The chap in the shop told me to tightened them as they start very loose. It had a rock steady hover after tightening.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Further to my above comments on 29/12/07, ref Mini 47g motor failure.

Pegasus Models, Norfolk sent me a set of new motors free of charge and I replaced the defective one in my Mini 47g.

The new motors were slightly different from the ones originally supplied in the heli. They look slightly different and look to be of better quality. That said I am now flying with one of each.

I have now flown over 30 times for 5 mins at a time (before allowing the motors to cool) and have had no further problems. The model flies brilliantly and allows me to practice circuits even in my small living room.

I think the mini heli is excellent and can recommend Pegasus Models, they offer a good, friendly and helpful service both pre and post sale

Happy flying,

Ed 

I also looked at Pegasus at one f these. I got a medevac to start with and one of these later. I wanted the 5g6 but couldn't wait. I also tightrened the blades to start with after reading on oter forums. They also advised me on the 5 minute flying rule, good info as saves the battery too.

You can also get heat sinks for teh motors: CNE060 at £3.99 each not sure if its worth it but I got some anyway for peace of mine. I have burnt one motor out but that was due to clipping a piece of furninture I was hovering near and stopping the motor. A few minutes later and one of teh spare motors installed and I was up and running again, these are good fun.

Hope to move onto a full CP, even poss a raptor if I can find a second hand one.