How many foamies do you have?

A bit late to this discussion.
For me a large part of the enjoyment is flying models I've made, either scratch built or from kit. What the material its made from is less important.
I do have a Zagi, though.
Maybe another question might be Do you build your own or fly ARTF. If both then what percentage?
It's probably already been asked though. I'm a recent returnee to the hobby.
Ian

Advert

Even though I voted 71-90% I must own up to having been a trad balsa basher for the last 40 odd years and will hopefully do a whole lot more before I finally retire from this planet. I find these new foamies to be a refreshing change from all that balsa dust and shavings, and month on month they are getting more complex with new examples seemingly being released on a weekly basis.
Long may it continue!

• 3 weeks later...

100% foamy.

Similar to Chris and some similar criteria:

1. I would love to have the time to build rather than put together.

2. I have an active young family and other pursuits, which Im hoping (as the kids get older) will free up time from taking to footy, etc.

3. My foamy hawksky has allowed me to push my experience and get me more and more confident, so much now Im flying foamy EDFs

4. The convenience and material involved means that normally I can easily rebuild.

5. Hand-launching is mainly what Im limited to; however there is a field that gets tramped down with footu and is just about ok for me to get my Cessna 182 500 class up from.

This is merely my situation and as much as I can do with my time; I do envy those who lovingly build models from scratch , something for me personally to aspire to.